Each spring, the Wisconsin School of Business recognizes faculty and staff for outstanding achievement in the areas of teaching, research, innovation, and service. The annual awards ceremony also commemorates faculty and staff for milestone years of service and honors those retiring in the current year. This year’s celebration ceremony was held virtually due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Here is a full list of the 2020 awardees:
Faculty Research Awards
WSB presents two Erwin A. Gaumnitz Research Awards each year, one to a junior faculty member and one to a faculty member of any rank. The Gaumnitz awards recognize noteworthy achievement in an area of research and are peer-nominated based on the research caliber, significance, and productivity.
- Erwin A. Gaumnitz Distinguished Junior Faculty Research Award: Xiaoyang Long, assistant professor of operations and information management
- Erwin A. Gaumnitz Distinguished Faculty Research Award: Justin Sydnor, associate professor of risk and insurance and the Leslie P. Schultz Professor in Risk Management and Insurance
The School recognizes excellence in teaching with four teaching awards of varying levels.
- Henry C. Naiman Outstanding Graduate Student Teaching Award: Clay Partridge, a doctoral student in accounting and information systems
- Mabel W. Chipman Outstanding Academic Staff Award for Excellence in Teaching: Katie Krueger, lecturer in marketing
- Mabel W. Chipman Outstanding Junior Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching: Hessam Bavafa, assistant professor of operations and information systems, and Anita Mukherjee, assistant professor of risk and insurance
- Erwin A. Gaumnitz Distinguished Faculty Teaching Award: Jon Eckhardt, associate professor of management and human resources and the Pyle Bascom Professor in Business Leadership
Educational Innovation Award
In 2014, WSB established the Educational Innovation Award to recognize innovation in the classroom. Special consideration is given to approaches that are adoptable and scalable to large groups.
- Educational Innovation Award: Marisa Palmer, senior lecturer in finance
The service award recognizes an individual’s outstanding contribution and exemplary service to the School.
- Erwin A. Gaumnitz Distinguished Faculty Award for Service: Neeraj Arora, professor of marketing; executive director of the A.C. Nielsen Center for Marketing Analytics and Insights; Arthur C. Nielsen, Jr. Chair in Marketing Research and Education
- Erwin A. Gaumnitz University Staff Service Award: Brian Martin, enterprise technologist, Information Technology Solutions
- Erwin A. Gaumnitz University Staff Service Award: Danielle Zink, assistant director, Grainger Center for Supply Chain Management
- Wisconsin Naming Partners Academic Staff Achievement Award: Rebecca Buckman, assistant director, Bolz Center for Arts Administration
See the 2019 award winners.