Grow Your Career in Applied Security Analysis
Students in the applied security analysis specialization face a competitive national job market after graduation, but can trust in the support and skills they've gained at the Wisconsin School of Business to guide them to major career gains. An education that stresses the international scope of finance markets provides students with the qualities that firms and exchanges across the country look for in investment managers. Decision-making experience with real assets in a wide range of futures, derivatives, stocks, and bonds qualifies students for a range of positions in any investment field. Graduates find positions as portfolio managers, analysts, and financial advisors at major firms such as BMO Harris, Citigroup, and Wells Fargo. The applied security analysis specialization in the Wisconsin MBA Program provides a lifelong professional network and the preparation needed for a career with a leading financial institution at a competitive salary.
Common Job Titles for Graduates
- Portfolio/Fund Manager
- Portfolio Analyst
- Buy-Side Analyst
- Sell-Side Analyst
- Institutional Sales Representative
- Wealth Manager
- Equity Research Associate
- Equity Analyst
- Investment Product Manager/Sales Representative
- Fixed Income Analyst
Salary Data — Class of 2016
Average base salary
Median base salary
Average salary increase
pre- to post-MBA
Internship placement rate
Received full-time offers within three months of graduation
Recent Full-Time Employers
- 2nd Market Capital Advisory Corporation
- Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
- Associated Bank
- Brandes Investment Partners, L.P.
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
- Colorado PERA
- Credit Suisse Group
- DISH Network, LLC
- First Analysis
- Geneva Capital Management Ltd.
- Harris Associates L.P.
- Heartland Advisors
- The London Company of Virginia, LLC
- Members Capital Advisors (subsidiary of CUNA Mutual Group)
- NISA Investment Advisors, LLC
- Northwestern Mutual Investment Services, LLC
- NWQ Investment Management Company, LLC
- Piper Jaffray Companies
- Skyline Asset Management, L.P.
- UW Health
- Waddell & Reed
- William Blair & Company, LLC
Full-time employers for 2013–2016 shown.
“The main reason I chose the Wisconsin School of Business as my MBA home was because of the specialized applied security analysis program. Support from the center, alumni, and the MBA program was unrivaled, and help me secure my dream job. If investment management is your passion, the Wisconsin MBA Program in applied security management will provide the opportunities to fulfill it.”
—Andrew Sprunger, MBA
High Yield Credit Analyst, Northwestern Mutual Investment Management Company