1 Pre-business courses must be completed or in the process of completion at time of application.
Communications Part A
- English 100 (3 credits), Introduction to College Composition
- Comm Arts 100 (3 credits), Introduction to Speech Composition
- English 118 (3 credits, non-native English speakers only), ESL: Academic Writing II
- Math 211 (5 credits), Calculus
- Math 217 (5 credits), Calculus with Algebra and Trigonometry II (must complete Math 171 first)
- Math 221 (5 credits), Calculus and Analytic Geometry
- Economics 101 (4 credits), Microeconomics
- Economics 111 (4 credits, honors course), Principles of Economics — Accelerated Treatment
- Psych 201 (4 credits), Introduction to Psychology
- Psych 202 (3 credits), Introduction to Psychology
- Psych 281 (4 credits, honors course), Introduction to Psychology
After a student enters UW-Madison, all pre-business courses must be taken at UW-Madison or through a UW-Madison sponsored study abroad program. Prior to entering UW-Madison, transferrable pre-business courses (ie: AP, IB, CLEP, coursework from another institution) will be accepted.
Pre-business courses may not be taken pass/fail.
2 Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 at time of application submission and end of term in which student has applied:
- For current UW-Madison students, the GPA calculation is based on coursework at UW-Madison.
- For Direct Transfer students applying to UW-Madison and the BBA Program concurrently, the GPA calculation is based on pre-enrollment coursework.
3 Requirement does not apply to students applying through the direct transfer process.
4 Total credits include all UW–Madison degree credits, transfer credits, AP/A-Level/Cambridge Pre-U/IB/CLEP credits, retroactive language credits, JST/CCAF credits, and credits in progress during the spring term prior to admission. Students who wish to apply for the first time but have exceeded the 85 credit limit are required to meet with a pre-business advisor before March 1 to discuss options for a BBA Admission Policy Appeal for Eligibility.